Today's assignment is for you to go down to the riverside area and strike up a conversation with a stranger. Here are three ways you can get the conversation started.
Conversation #1 - A Beautiful Dog
People love to talk about their pets. Here are some questions to get the conversation started, and more questions to keep the ball rolling.
- That's a beautiful dog. Is it a HE or a SHE?
- How old is he/she?
- Have you had him/her since he/she was a puppy?
- What breed is he/she?
- I'll bet he/she really loves coming to the park!
Conversation #2 - A Beautiful Baby
People love to talk about their children! Here are some questions to get you started.
- That's a beautiful baby. How old is she/he?
- What's his/her name?
- Does he/she like to come to the park?
From there you can give your new friend information about your grandchildren, nieces or nephews. For example: "I have a grand baby, but he/she is XX years old."
Conversation #3 - The Weather
Canadians love to talk about the weather. It's a safe topic. Let's try...
- It sure is [hot / pretty out / windy / humid / nice] today, isn't it?
From there you can tell your new friend what the weather is like back in your hometown.
Good luck! Please LEAVE A COMMENT when you fulfil this assignment.