Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Three Truths and a Lie

Hello!


I hope all our Muslim colleagues had a wonderful holiday yesterday. Eid Mubarak!


Today was conversation day. We played a game called "Three truths and a lie." I started us off by putting my example on the board:



  • I used to have rats for pets.

  • I don't have a television.

  • My mother is a famous artist.

  • I have visited 12 countries.

Three of these are true and one is a lie. Can you guess which is the lie? The idea is to think of true things that seem very unusual. You want to deceive your classmates!

I gave you ten minutes to think up your sentences and write them down. Then we got into groups of three to four students to play the game.

I had fun learning very interesting things about each of you! We learned that Ricardo was a famous dancer when he was a child. We learned that Lena's mother has chickens, goats, ducks and rabbits. We found out that our new colleague Svitlana is a geography teacher. She can help me when I don't know where a country is. People educated in America are not very good at geography, I'm afraid.

Oh, and I also got you all to guess which of my statements was a lie. The lie was about my mother. She is an artist, but not famous. I showed you pictures of my pet rat, Stella. She is dead now, but I loved her a lot when she was alive.

Tomorrow we will continue with the lowest front vowel. See you!





No comments:

Post a Comment