Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vowel Day in the Lab

Hello, students!

Today was a great day in the computer lab.

First we used the site Ship or Sheep - Vowel Practice.

Next we visited Phonetics Flash Animation Project. Remember, you do not need to practice /ɔ/ because we do not have that vowel sound in Canadian English. When I was a little girl, I had that vowel sound in my speech. But now I don't have it, because I have lived in Canada for eleven years.

The Flash Animation site is good for watching the tongue move, isn't it?

Next we tried American English Pronunciation Practice. I noticed many of you taking the quizzes. I saw some very good scores. Annonciata had a perfect score, and Ana practiced the /iy/ and /I/ sounds 100 times!

The next site was Pronunciation and Listening Lab. This site also has tests you can take. I don't think anyone tried speaking into the microphone in the conversation section or tongue twisters section. That's okay. Next time we will use Ellis software. We will sit far apart so we can record our voices.

Finally, some of you tried signing up for VoiceThread. Jinlong was successful. I see a little car icon with his name on it. But the voice recording didn't work. Maybe he will try again from home.

See you tomorrow!

P.S. Thank you, Florin, for changing the clock!

No comments:

Post a Comment